ESF Furniture Wholesale Scam and Distributing Junk
Update added by user Dec 04, 2013
The company should be, "ESF Wholesale Furniture"
Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2013
I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for the sofa then the other Sofa's the furniture store had offered from other vendors and thought I was buying a higher quality piece of furniture. Boy was I wrong.
The Sofa was labeled as coming with Genuine Italian Leather on their site and catalog. The reality is the sofa is Bonded PVC Leather. How do I know this. Well the look and feel of the exterior was one give away but the second is when you unzip the pillows and look at the interior of the leather as well, it is clearly bonded leather.
The second issue I had with the sofa is that it had 3 sectioned off headrest which should of been the same height but were actually a half inch to an inch and a half taller then each other as well as being crooked and slanted. So that sort of looks awkward and not constructed very well.
Third issue was the arm rest on each side collapsed after about a week of use.
The forth issue was that the piece came as a sectional. But the latches that connects the sectional were the same on each side so they could not connect. It is like instead of giving me an "A" and "B" part that connected each side, they gave me an "A" and "A" part.
ESF has told the furniture store they will not take back the sofa and still claim it is Genuine Italian Leather. Even though I have photographic proof now. This is definitely a case of false advertising on their part. They did tell the furniture store they will take care of the arm rest and have someone come repair it. They also are supposedly sending out the correct brackets now as well. For the amount of money I paid for the sofa and to be being lied to about the material, having nothing line up and breaking after less than a week, I am furious with ESF Furniture Whoesale. I have worked with the furniture store I have bought from for the past several years and they have always given me great support and an experience but buying a sofa through them from ESF could not have been more of a nightmare.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "I was first approached by the "manager"; and eager youth who sold me on her ability to manage a paint crew. I have an 1800's victorian home so it was..."
- "West Elm's customer service makes empty promises. I purchased a "marble" coffee table that fell apart on its own. When I initially called customer service on April 1..."
- "Ours is 2 years old and lumpy!!! I wrote to Simmons and sent pictures--never heard back. What recourse do we have? Over $1000 spent!..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."